Interconnectivity in Industry 4.0
Companies have multiple software solution choices, all promising the best. However, those are in the majority of times fixed and allow limited customization. As companies grow, either organically or through M&A, they end up having multiple software solutions. Interconnectivity of those is a challenge, it comes high expenses and complexities, at times requiring external consulting support for months at the time.
From our experience, in order to create added value, companies are using flexible and agile IT Solutions.
Embedded into your IT infrastructure, our system is intelligent. Continuously and in real-time, interchanges data via networks, sensors, and actuator systems.
The interconnectivity of our solution is outlined by three dimensions:
- Horizontal Integration across the entire value creation network. All transport equipment is interchanging smart data with xintrix software solution, creating a decentralized coordination of supplies and products. Cross-linked modules along the material flow integrate smart logistics, like in and outbound logistics from and to your factory. Transport equipment is able to react, in real-time to unforeseen events, such as a change in traffic or weather and autonomously operate between the starting point and the destination. Autonomously operating transport equipment such as Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) are used for realizing the in-house transport along the material flow. Wireless identification and localization of all materials in the value chain is possible as all supplies and products contain identification systems, e.g. RFID chips or QR codes.
- End-to-End engineering across the entire product lifecycle. This begins with the raw material acquisition phase and ends up with the end-of-life phase. This involves interconnectivity empowerment between the products, the different stakeholder such as customers, workers or suppliers, and the manufacturing equipment. Our software solution is embedded in the above virtual network, allowing interchange of data in and between the different phases of a product lifecycle, like:
- Raw material acquisition,
- Manufacturing - containing the product development,
- Engineering of the related manufacturing system and the manufacturing of the product,
- Use and service phase,
- End-of-life phase - containing reuse, remanufacturing, recycling, recovery, disposal and
- Transport between all above.
This ubiquitous flow of smart data leads you to Smart Factory empowerment.
- Vertical Integration and Networked Manufacturing. Vertical integration involves the product, equipment, and human, along different levels of operations. It also includes the cross-linking with additional value chain activities, like marketing and sales, service, procurement, etc. Finally, it contributes to the environmental dimension of sustainability. The allocation of resources (i.e. products, materials, energy, and water) can be realized in a high efficient manner.
Increase productivity and security of operations and processes. Allow pre-authorized employees of your company, at any time and from anywhere in the world, total transparency of information about all your products, their production output, machines and production method, in real-time. Perform current order status, respective quality grade, efficiency levels, optimization of production schedules, based on supplier, customer, machine availability and cost constraints of real-time data.